Discover this colourful recipe by Maz Valcorza. Maz has a passion for food, and she loves creating delicious, organic, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free recipes.
‘This hearty meal is infused with aromatic spices and sweetness from dried fruit. It’s packed with protein and beta-carotene and will satisfy your hunger for sure!
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons harissa seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups diced sweet potato (300 g or 10.6 oz)
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (255 g or 8.9 oz)
- 4 cups filtered water (1000 ml or 33.8 fl oz)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, tomato paste, harissa seasoning, ground cinnamon, vegetable stock cubes, chickpeas, dates, sweet potato, quinoa, parsley & filtered water.
- Dice veggies & drain chickpeas, rinsing thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add harissa, cinnamon, stock cubes and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients except for filtered water and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh parsley to serve.
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.