You know oat milk and quinoa from our new and much-loved natural liquid foundations, but of course, they are also great ingredients for your vegan breakfast. Check this recipe from Hong Kong blogger Angie Li for a delicious oat milk and quinoa porridge.
• 1/4 cup steel cut oats
• 1/4 cup quinoa
• 1 cup oat milk
• 1/2 zucchini (shredded)
• 1 apple (diced)
• 1/2-3/4 cup water (depends on how creamy you want your porridge to be)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp chai spice
• 1 Tbsp cacao powder
• 1 tsp carob powder
• 1 tsp maca powder
• On the night before, rinse the quinoa using a fine mesh. Shred the zucchini and squeeze as much water as you can from it. Dice the apple.
• Mix the first 8 ingredients into an oven safe pot until everything is well combined.
• Place the pot into the slow cooker and slowly pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker until its level is about 1 inch below the top of the pot.
• Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
• Serve with maple syrup, more oat milk, raw cacao nibs, almond butter and fresh fruits.
By Angie Li from vangietarian
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.