Chantal Chalita is an environmental engineer who found a way to do something good for the world, uniting her marketing skills with her passion for the environment in the “GREEN ME” Blog. She encourages people to live a greener and sustainable lifestyle through small changes in their daily life. She does it in a very characteristic and attractive way that makes it completely different from any other blogs.
“That’s why I try to give you practical tips to be a little more environmental without changing your lifestyle, because I’ve realized that being an extremist does not lead to a lasting change.
The first and most important thing is to become conscious, and by this I mean to know what am I doing? and why am I doing it?
Once you think about this, you stop being a consumerist and you become a person who buys to satisfy a need or a taste by choice. You can see this more deeply in the Youtube video “The Story of Stuff” (from my favourite videos), where you will be surprised at the consequences of our actions created by ignorance and imitation.
In the same way, it is very important to see the environment as the space in which I live. It’s MY house, MY office, MY city. I am part of the environment. It is not external to you, nor to me, nor to anyone. In this way, when they talk about affecting the environment you will take it personally, because at the end of the day it is. It’s A world, an air, a sea, just one, and belongs to everyone. If we saw it that way, we would all act with the corresponding urgency that it needs and deserves.
Now that you know, it’s time to integrate small actions and changes in your routine to create BIG changes. For example:
- If you go every day for a coffee or a juice in the morning, take your own bottle and coffee cup and stop producing more than 250 unnecessary disposables!
- When you go to the supermarket, to the store or just shopping, you know what you are going to do, foresee and carry your bags. Do not be afraid of being a leader of change!
- In your choices, whenever you have the option, choose local, organic, unpacked, natural, artisanal and sustainable.
- Change your bad habits, such as home mail or printed advertising, there is already the option of email, you don’t need to continue cutting trees to get a bill.
- Look for alternatives; For all environmental problems, there is a solution. There are people who say they can’t live without bottled water; I say that there are more than 100 types of filters as better options than that.
- In your diet, think of your body as your temple, it is sacred. Have you thought about how much you spend on your outer self? In clothes, creams, makeup, everything to look good? If you take care of your inner self, your exterior looks even better, health comes from within. Give the best possible food quality and try avoiding packaged food.
- Learn to read labels. In most of the things we buy from food to household products we never read the label. Make the habit and see that you understand what it says. If you do not understand, it is not natural, look for products that are.
- In fashion. Don’t be fooled by marketing, create your own style and buy clothes that are worthwhile, in quality, in manufacturing and in materials. There are hundreds of sustainable fashion options, fair trade, vintage. Explore!”
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.