Carla Oates, known as ‘The Beauty Chef’, is a naturalist who is passionate about nature and the profound synergy we share with it. Based in Sydney’s Bondi Beach, Carla has been researching, writing and teaching about organic beauty and health for the last fifteen years. Check here her recipe for “Get Glowing Smoothie Bowl”, one of the many great recipes in her best selling book “Feeding Your Skin”.
Ingredients. Serves 2
- 125 g frozen blueberries
- 100 g frozen unsweetened açai pulp, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium very ripe frozen banana, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1/ 2 cup (125 g) coconut kefir or natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cashew nuts
- 1/ 4 cup (15 g) flaked coconut
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, warmed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon Hemp seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
To make the nut granola, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and toss to coat. Spread onto a baking tray. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make the smoothie, blend the blueberries, açai, banana, kefir or yoghurt and GLOW Inner Beauty Powder in a high-speed blender, until smooth and creamy. Pour the smoothie into two wide shallow serving bowls.
To decorate, spread the nut granola and topping ingredients in lines on top of the smoothie.
Topping ingredients can be substituted according to personal taste or availability.
Recipe by The Beauty Chef: https://thebeautychef.com/
Sigue aquí el blog en español.