Start your morning with a bang, with this beauty breakfast smoothie by naturopath Amy Hotz!
Filled with nutritious ingredients that will promote radiant skin, this smoothie is a quick way to fuel your body for a busy day. The recipe contains the following 5 star natural ingredients that will help you glow from the inside out:
- Avocado: Avocado is one of my favourite smoothie ingredients. It is a rich source of healthy fats, vitamin E and antioxidants, which help keep our skin hydrated and prevent free radical damage in our skin cells.
- Blueberries: Blueberries don’t just provide a wonderful natural sweetness, but are also a great source of antioxidants, as well as vitamin C. Vitamin c is an important vitamin for collagen production.
- Almonds: A handful of almonds wont just keep you feeling full, but will provide you with another dose of vitamin E and healthy fats.
- Spinach: Spinach has a wealth of health benefits and when it comes to skin health provides a source of vitamin C, iron, and antioxidants that help our skin glow.
- Pumpkin Seeds: These crunchy green seeds are not only a source of healthy fats but are packed with zinc, a nutrient important for wound healing and overall skin health. Put pumpkin seeds in the smoothie and use them to decorate!
Recipe: Breakfast Beauty Smoothie
- ¼ avocado
- 6 almonds
- 1 big handful of spinach
- 1 small handful of mint
- 200ml coconut water or nut milk of choice
- ½ frozen banana (gives a nice thick consistency)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Pulse until the ingredients are roughly combined, then blend well.
- Top with crushed pumpkin seeds or a couple of blueberries.
Tip: To make this smoothie thick add extra ice cubes to the mix.
Recipe By Sydney Naturopath Amy Hotz, @amy_wellness www.amyhotzwellness.com
Sigue aquí el blog en español.