Lee Holmes is a Sydney-based Holistic Food and Nutrition Coach, a certified health and wellness coach and a wholefoods chef. She created “Supercharged food” to help you feel amazing and improve your health through diet and nutrition and healthy lifestyle tips.
Check here her recipe for Coconut Banana Bread.
Makes 8 slices – 119 calories per slice (498kJs)
- 3 ripe small bananas
- 3 medium eggs, lightly whisked
- 90 g (31/4oz/ 1/4cup) rice malt (brown rice) syrup
- a few drops alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4cup) coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ½teaspoon salt
- fruit, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 21 x 9 cm loaf (bar) tin.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs, rice malt syrup and vanilla, then mix well.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Completely cool in the tin on a wire rack, then slice and serve with fruit (if using).
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.